Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. We’re based in San Francisco, California.
Bitcoin is the world’s most widely used alternative currency with a total market cap of over $100 billion. The bitcoin network is made up of thousands of computers run by individuals all over the world.
But this involves high risk.
Some other very important USPs which CoinSutra looks into while reviewing a Bitcoin wallet is mentioned below with our findings for Coinbase.
- Recommended For: Beginners & advanced users alike
- Supported Operating System: Doesn’t matter
- In-built Exchange: Yes, buy Bitcoin inside the Coinbase wallet
- Private Keys/Seed: Seed words NOT controlled by the owner
- Passphrase Feature: No
- PIN Code: No
- HD Wallet: No
- Custom Fee Feature: No
- Cost: Free
- Segwit Enabled: Yes
- Multicurrency Wallet: Yes
- Other Supported Currencies: LTC, ETH, ETC
- Staking: No
- ERC 20 Toke Support: No
- NEP-5 Token Support: No
- QRC20 Token Support: No