Aweber is an email marketing platform that targets small businesses primarily. A main feature of this service is its own mail delivery system, which is constantly being improved and can compete with industry giants. The Aweber-com project has been on the market since 1998, and during this time has got a lot of innovations. Experts describe this platform as the optimal solution for mastering email marketing which suits small companies and self-employed entrepreneurs.
Aweber offers several pricing plans. The cost depends on the number of subscribers. There is also a free service suit with limited functionality. Payment for platform services can be made by credit card.
Despite the fact that Aweber is one of the oldest email marketing services, it is constantly updated, and its functionality can satisfy the majority of users. Among the key features of Aweber, experts note the following:
- Drag & Drop editor. The built-in email constructor has an intuitive interface that lets you create quality emails without any programming skills.
- Sending out email series. Aweber lets users not only send single letters, but also form a whole chain of letters. This format is useful when working with a “cold” audience that needs to gradually become interested in the proposed product.
- Automatic answering. This option automatically sends letters to contacts when the trigger condition is met. Such a trigger can be the opening of a letter or a click on the sent link.
- Split testing. This tool lets you test various formats of communication with a client, choosing the most successful templates and promotional messages. In the Aweber system, split testing is only available for single alert emails, and is not currently available for email series.
- Integrations. At the moment, the Aweber platform has the ability to integrate 850+ third-party applications into the campaign (PayPal, BigCommerce, Clickbank, WooCommerce, Shopify, Burst SMS, CM Telecom SMS, Callfire SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Wix, WordPress, Squarespace, Joomla). At the same time, their quantity is steadily growing.
- Customizable registration forms. The system has a special form constructor. You can create any forms, adapting their appearance to your audience, brand specifics, etc. However, by default, only embedded registration forms are available.
- Three mobile apps for iOS / Android. Each of the Aweber applications has its own purpose. The Stats application is designed to collect statistics. Curate is a tool for creating emails. The Atom app lets you add subscribers directly from your mobile device.
- Free contact list transferring. An Aweber user does not have to ask their subscribers for consent to transfer them to a contact list. This is how this platform differs from most competitors, where contacts transferring requires user confirmation.
- Ergonomic control panel. A convenient and intuitive interface lets you quickly create forms, manage subscribers and generate readable reports.
- Subscribers categories and tags. Aweber-com offers a convenient format for vertical and horizontal target audience segmentation for the most accurate targeting. Also there’s an option of advanced segmentation based on tags, behavioral patterns and other factors.
- Function for editing and saving templates. You can not only use the pre-installed letter templates, but also create, edit and save your own. The quick save function lets you interrupt the editing process at any time and continue if possible.
- Free stock images library. Aweber user can either upload their own pictures or use the free graphic objects library. To date, there are more than 6 thousand images presented here, which can be selected by keywords and categories.
- Reporting and analytics. This tool is offered in classic and updated versions. The second version includes only the most useful email marketing reports. There are only five of them: the number of email openings, the number of clicks on links, the number of sales, new subscribers and the total number of subscribers. Reports exporting is available in CSV format.
The entire list of features can be explored at aweber.com.
Aweber provides flexible pricing depending on the number of subscribers and the payment period (month, quarter, year). Below there are terms for the monthly payment.
- Up to 500 subscribers ($ 19 per month);
- From 500 to 2,500 subscribers ($ 29 per month);
- From 2,500 to 5,000 subscribers ($ 49 per month);
- From 5,000 to 10,000 subscribers ($ 69 per month);
- From 10,000 to 25,000 subscribers ($ 149 per month).
The paid service suites includes the following options:
- Email constructor;
- Mail automation;
- RSS to email;
- Hundreds of ready-made email templates;
- HTML letters;
- Dynamic content;
- AMP emails;
- Hosted broadcast archive;
- 6,000 professional images;
- Split testing email;
- Behavioral automation;
- Cart abandonment;
- Purchase tagging;
- Branded click-tracking links;
- Disabling AWeber branding;
- AWeber ecommerce landing pages;
- Unlimited landing pages;
- Themed landing page templates;
- Video landing pages;
- Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel tracking;
- Custom domains;
- Subscription forms;
- Plugin for WordPress;
- Subscription form split testing;
- Subscribers tagging;
- Basic audience segmentation;
- Advanced analytics of messages, audience and account;
- Web page tracking;
- Email sales tracking;
- Goods and services selling;
- Sales tracking;
- Purchases tagging;
- Transaction Fee: 0.6%;
- Unlimited number of admins;
- Web push notifications;
- Free migration;
- 24/7 support by phone, email, chat.
The free service suite has restrictions on the number of shipments per month, lists and push notifications. Also, the transaction fee for free users is 1%. In addition, the user is offered a reduced version of analytics, no branding option and behavioral automation. More details on the terms of the free version can be found in the Pricing section of the platform’s official website.
Aweber is a long-lived platform that has been around for over 20 years. It offers powerful email marketing tools. Despite the high competition in this niche, Aweber manages to keep a demand for its services at a high level thanks to its flexible pricing policy. For relatively little money, a user gets all the basic tools needed to organize a professional mailing list. At the same time, the tariff grows along with the audience increase. In order to start using the platform, you just need to sign up and use the free service suite. And if you want to evaluate Aweber-com without limits, it makes sense to purchase the Pro starter pack with a 500 subscribers limit for only $ 19.